Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Who Do You Call When You Have Something Important To Share

The first two people I call when I have something important to share are my sister Heather and my best friend Darby. And it is never in the same order. Sometimes I call Heather first sometimes Darby. Just depends on what it is I have to tell them and who I know will be available to take the call.

I used to always call my mom first. It's been a hard transition to not be able to call her. That is one of the things I miss the most. And now that a month has passed since she died I thought that would be easier but I caught myself just today thinking "I've got to call mom and tell her this." I don't know that it will ever go away... So whenever that thought crosses my mind I call Heather or Darby and just tell them instead... It's not the same but I'm so grateful I still have those two to call!

So who do you call when you have something important to share?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain of not being able to call your mom when you want to speak with her. I lost my sister over 10 years now and I still sometimes wish I could call to see what she would say. I remember when I stated a new phone book and realized there was no place to put her and no number I could reach her at. I have a real hope in the resurrection promise stated in the bible at Revelation 21:3-4, may this comfort you.

I am have a large network of friends both men and women. I just have to take time to decide how much time I have and how deep I want to go into any topic. I truely am a very fortunate person. My friends are a blessing and a joy to me. May you have the opportunity to widen-out and allow your network to grow to over flowing measures.

Anonymous said...

The people I turst live with me, as my father just moved in. Sometimes I do call my mother, but usually wait untol we are together and give her the full update.

Jeni said...

It will be 27 years today (Oct 6) since my mother died and I still find myself thinking "Boy, can't wait to tell Mom this one!".

What's funny to me about this is that Mom and I didn't have a really smooth relationship. What we generally had was a fight over something or other every blasted day and yet, I still after all these years, find myself missing those fights, ridiculous as they were, and the occasional times when we actually agreed on something, had the same emotional reactions, etc.

I don't think one ever loses the "missing" part of any especially close family member or friend.