Sunday, January 14, 2007

Who Was Your Favorite Teacher

I have been very fortunate when it comes to teachers. I had so many great teachers throughout my school years. So I have to pick a few....

Elementary school was full of good teachers. But the standout was Mr. Kirk. He was my fifth grade teacher and he was great. He really made learning fun! He had creative projects, a great sense of humor and he really made you feel like you could do anything. Great man!

Middle school was hard for me. In fact I hated middle school. But Mrs. McDonald was a great teacher. She taught communications classes, drama, and speech. She was the director for all the school plays and I was in each one. I loved her. She was killed in a car accident when I was in high school and her funeral was so big people had to stand outside. She made an impression on so many people.

High school was worse then middle school for me. I spent a lot of time skipping class and acting like an ass when I was there. Finally I was able to go to an alternative highschool and I met Ms. Lockyear. She was FUNNY! She taught all my English classes and walked me through the classics. I loved to read and loved to listen to her describe all the great works. She still teaches and I get to see her every once in awhile when I go to visit kids on my caseload at school. Yes I've thanked her for being so great!

So those are my favorite teachers. Who was your favorite teacher?

12 comments:

Bobby Griffin said...

I'm my favorite teacher!

Lanie Magpie said...

I had several favorite teachers...
Mrs. Bolen was fun in 2nd grade!
Mrs. Collins and Mrs. Daily helped me understand and love math! That's right, I took it all four years of high school. I was one of THOSE kids! Ha ha.
Mr. Haibon was funny!
Mrs. Haibon helped my grammar!
...and there are more I am sure I am forgetting....

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh man I had a lot of great teachers! Mr. Bliss, Mr. Barker, Ms. Gray, Ms. Youngblood, and good old Mr. Harris, my 6th grade teacher who was awesome.

Barb said...

lol at Bobby!

I remember the teacher.. he was my 7th grade science teacher and his name started with "Mc". Can't for the life of me think of the rest.

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

Mrs. Donnelly, my creative writing teacher for encouraging my pen to write.

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Nice tribute - I'm here via the carnival :)

CyberCelt said...

I never had a teacher that I cared to remember until I attended Central Texas College at Austin. There was a teacher called Mr. Ward and he was great! I was there to get my GED and to learn computer programming. He went out of his way to help me and even offered me a scholarship if I could attend the main campus in Kileen, Texas.

I still remember him. Here from the Postie Carnival. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Janz - 4th Grade
My Spanish teacher in middle school - can't remember his name.
Mr. Mortensen - 10th grade Geology teacher (I ended up majoring in Geology in College).

Karen said...

Isn't it amazing how a teacher can touch our lives!

Lisa said...

I can't believe you still remember your elementry school teachers!

skeet said...

Mrs. Love in fifth grade, who encouraged individuality and recognized each student as special.

Mrs. Halloran in sixth grade who encouraged creative writing, regardless of the subject we were addressing.

I don't remember any specific subjects or assignments from either; I remember the principals they imparted.

Nice post. Mahalo for stirring up some fond memories.

Suni said...

Nice and nostalgic. I had a lot of really great teachers in my coming up, but this one sticks out. Her name was Mrs. Casius and she pushed me because she knew I had a brain. She still keeps tabs on me even after all this time. I had her as a teacher in 7th and 8th grades!